The Boys & Girls Club of Phillips County (BGCPC) is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to ensuring that the youth of Phillips County have access to what all children need most: a safe place where they can learn and grow; adults who respect and care about them; and opportunities to develop themselves, their talents, and their interests.
The mission of the Boys & Girls Club of Phillips County is to enable all young people to realize their full potential as productive, responsible, and caring citizens.
The 2009-2010 Annual Report is available. Here's a brief summary of some of the great things that the Boys & Girls Club has accomplished in 2009-2010 on behalf of Phillips County's youth in our five (5) core areas:
Character & Leadership
- 55 Club members participated in a program to raise money for Haiti earthquake victims
- Keystone Leadership Club members volunteered with the Humane Society of the Delta
- 12 Club members sang songs for retirement home residents
- Keystone Leadership Club members attended the National Keystone Conference in Pittsburgh, PA
Education & Career
- 60 Club members participated in the summer reading program and met a goal of reading over 300 books
- 239 Club members participated in the Power Hour homework help program
- 16 Club members participated in a poetry program to help improve writing, listening, and speaking skills
Sports, Fitness, & Recreation
- 187 Club members participated i the Jr. Grizzlies Basketball Program
- 44 Club members participated in the Zumba Fitness program
- The Club hosted the 3rd Annual Mike Conley Jr. Basketball Camp
Health & Life Skills
- 118 Club members participated in a Health Habits program
- Club Members participated in a health cooking class at Delta AHEC
- 61 Girls participated int eh Smart Girls Program, helping them achieve and maintain healthy, responsible lifestyles
- Over 350 Club members participated in Arts & Crafts Programs
- 14 Club members participated in Piano Lessons
- 22 Club members participated in a Photography Class
Produced the 2009 Arkansas State Youth of the Year in the Boys & Girls Clubs of America’s national Youth of the Year competition.
Produced winners in two of three age categories in the Southwest Regional Digital Arts photo design competition (the Southwest region is comprised of over 700 Clubs)
Completed a $1.1 million renovation of a 19,000 sq. ft. comprehensive youth facility. The facility contains a Learning Center (library, homework help), Arts and Programs room, Computer Lab, Young Members Area, Teen Zone, Kids Café, Gym, and outdoor playground and tennis courts.
Increased Club membership from 250 to over 500 and increased average daily attendance from 90 per day to 180 per day.
Earned the Gold MAC Award for the second consecutive year in the publications category. (The MAC Award is part of Boys & Girls Clubs of America’s national Marketing and Communications competition, in which over 4,000 Boys & Girls Clubs from around the country are eligible to compete.)
Partnered with the Arkansas Food Bank and the Helena Health Foundation to provide a healthy snack for children every day after school and throughout the summer.
Expanded all areas of programming, including homework help, visual and performing arts, leadership and character training, health and life skills, community service groups, and Jr. NBA basketball leagues.
IRS form 990
For up to the minute updates, follow us on and "Like" us on
The Boys & Girls Club of Phillips County is a chartered member of Boys & Girls Clubs of America (BGCA). Founded a century ago, BGCA oversees more than 4,000 local clubs serving over 4.6 million children, and has proven itself time and again as the most capable, efficient, and financially responsible organization of its kind.